Our client is searching for an SEC Reporting Accountant / Accounting Manager that will assist with the company’s financial reporting. This individual will assist in the preparation of financial statements and disclosures for the company’s quarterly and annual SEC reporting requirements. The accountant will also assist with meeting the company’s SEC and statutory reporting requirements. We are looking for a demonstrated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This individual will be a key member of their corporate accounting team. Relevant experience will determine the position title. This is a hybrid role.
What you will do:
- Assist in preparing quarterly and annual SEC reporting documents and disclosures; prepare necessary disclosure checklists for each SEC filing.
- Assist in preparing statutory financial statements and identifying and accounting for any differences between US GAAP and IFRS or local GAAP.
- Direct interaction with external auditors, including key contact for support preparation.
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting standards and company policies across functional teams within the company.
- Provide support to the corporate accounting team during the monthly close process.
- Assist cross-functional teams with ad hoc reporting projects, both internal and external.
- Assist in process implementation and improvement; including maintaining and documenting compliance with SOX requirements in connection with unusual transactions and the financial reporting process.
- Assist with managing stock based compensation.
What you bring:
- BS or Master’s degree in Accounting, CPA or CPA in process.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience, preferably with a Big 4 accounting firm base.
- Comprehensive understanding of GAAP and SEC financial reporting requirements.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills and bring a hands-on approach with the ability to prioritize and deliver results with a wide variety of strategic initiatives and constant deadlines.
- Driven, confident individual who is comfortable working independently while actively seeking guidance when necessary.