Our client is looking for a highly motivated Accounting Manager to join our Accounting & Finance team. The Accounting Manager will support our Assistant Controller in administrating and maintaining the corporate financial records, and technical accounting. The Accounting Manager also will assist with the design, maintenance and improvement of the internal controls process and accounting systems.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual close to ensure accurate reporting and compliance.
- Prepares general ledger entries; maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Oversee the preparation of payments including the assignment of account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts and accruing expenses.
- Prepare the bank reconciliations and sales tax returns.
- Provide chart of account maintenance and support transactional processing.
- Help ensure internal controls are in place, operating effectively and are being followed.
- Work directly with external auditors to ensure compliance.
- Help identify key requirements, evaluation, selection, and implementation & integration of systems necessary for both control and scalability.
- Assist with design and development of policies and procedures that accompany new systems.
- Full scope accounting experience including knowledge of financial reporting and operational metrics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify issues and resolve problems independently.
- Results-orientation with a strong sense of urgency and drive for closure.
- Ability to position, prioritize and execute multiple, competing demands and tasks concurrently.
- Experience with early-stage corporations
- Experience with financial systems conversions
- Experience with design, development and implementation of a SOX 404 controls environment
- Certified Public Accountant required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related discipline.
- Two or more years of public accounting/audit experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.