GL Sr. Accountant
Our client is a cutting edge, biotech with growing capabilities and is now seeking a highly motivated professional to join our expanding team. This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role within their organization that is driving advanced therapy development and potential commercialization. We offer an array of highly competitive benefits and perks to our valued employees.
We are seeking a highly capable individual who possess strong accounting skills and a collaborative working style.
The ideal candidate has a talent for transforming accounting operations through the emerging growth stage and thrives in a dynamic working environment.
- The Sr GL Accountant will report directly to the Sr. Accounting Manager (initially) with job responsibilities including:
- Manage the monthly close schedule and the chart of accounts
- Prepare accurate journal entries and supporting schedules for accrued liabilities, depreciation, amortization, deferred rent, allocations, intercompany transactions, shared services, interest, etc.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations for various accounts including bank, corporate credit cards, accounts receivable, prepaids, accounts payable, and debt
- Consolidate the financial statements of multiple entities and record elimination entries
- Support the preliminary and annual audit requests and inquiries from external auditors
- Provide tax advisors with supporting schedules for analysis, calculations, and filings
- Proactively evaluate accounting processes and systems and contribute to the development, implementation, and continuous enhancement of procedures, process, and internal controls
- Ad hoc accounting projects and requests as directed
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience, with a public accounting base
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Working knowledge of US GAAP with experience in technical accounting research and implementation of standards
- Experience with mid-tier (accounting systems), NetSuite preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with the MS Office Suite; advanced Excel skills required
- Detail oriented and organized with solid time management, business writing, analytical, and verbal communication skills