The Accounting Manager will be responsible for providing accounting support to the Director of Accounting for this business unit. This person will record daily and monthly transactional activity while adhering to GAAP and company accounting policies that includes record preparation, research, and reporting related to, but not limited to, general ledger activities, month-end closing activities, reconciliation of accounts as directed, financial-related reports, project tracking, schedules, and audits.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual general ledger account reconciliations for all types of accounts, including inventory, accruals, prepaids, fixed assets and intangibles, to ensure accurate reporting and general ledger reliability.
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and limited management of the treasury function
- Assist in the preparation and filing of monthly and quarterly state sales taxes and other regulatory filings.
- Assist with financial statement preparation for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting, including consolidations.
- Assist with the annual external audit and other third-party partner requests
- Participate in the implementation of the new ERP system.
- Assist in the automation of multiple tasks and processes
- Work with AR, AP, and Operations as needed to resolve issues.
- US GAAP knowledge is required.
- ERP system knowledge is required, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced excel skills, including VLOOKUP’s and Pivot tables
- Confident working independently and using initiative to guide through challenges.
- Team Player – able to assist members of the team with questions.
- 5+ years of demonstrated progression of GL accounting experience
- ERP experience a plus but not required